Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Your never too old...

Look at me, I'm a blogging fool!!! Thanks to KCLS this "ol' dog" is learning a few new tricks! That's right folks, no matter how old you are, there is no elixer finer than that of exercizing your brain. After reading the The Seven and 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners I realized that this "Blogging" buisiness could be a great way for me to explore the world (if you've read my other posts, you know I'm all about adventure).

There are 71/2 rules to remember:

  1. Begin with the end in mind
  2. Accept responsibility for your own learningHabit
  3. View problems as challenges
  4. Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner
  5. Create your own learning toolbox
  6. Use technology to your advantage
  7. Teach and mentor others and the most important rule of all...

PLAY!Have fun! It's never too late to become a lifelong learner.

Look, if you're reading this, you have already accepted the challenge. What are you waiting for? Dust off those cob~webs in your brain and start by clicking on any of the hi-lited words in this blog or click on http://kcls27things.blogspot.com/ begin your amazing journey. It doesn't matter if your a twenty something and have a computer attached to your navel or thirty, fourty, fifty, seventy or older and just don't know what the internet is all about. All you need is your open mind, your computer at KCLS and an advocate or two (we can be found on every floor of the service center and in every branch you might work in). Don't tell yourself you can't do this or you're too old and don't listen to anyone who talks that way. Tell them to join you in creating a blog and see how much fun you have.

Oh, by the way; when you complete all 27 things within 15 weeks -by June 5, 2007- you win an MP3 player!

So what have you got to lose?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get that picture of me? Did I give you permission to publish that?
Love your commentary on age, you put it very well. Yes, you can teach us old ladies new tricks!

Nettle said...

Wow, your blog is so vibrant and engaging! Nice job, I just know when I get time to dig around here I'm gonna find COOL STUFF! :)

Unknown said...

Well HOW-DEE!

You didn't tell me you had a blog! Welcome to the digital age! ;)

Anyhow, you always go on and on about my writing, but you wrote some good stuff there about Japan. Keep it up!

The hardest thing about blogging, in my opinion, is trying to keep writing. Don't go down my path of writing when you feel like it. Try to write everyday, even if it is just a paragraph. It gets easier the more you do it.

Hugs from your bro!