Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Lesson 24 Podcasting Across The Universe

Well, if your interested in listening to interviews, programs, people who have ego's the size of a planet and just need to hear themselves talk, then Podcasting is right for you. Not for me. I found it boring. I'm visual freak. I like my radio to be music, my computer both visual, audio and interactive, my Telivision viewing on the T.V. when I want it, my books in hand so I can read, re-read and jump to the last page if I want! Pod-casting from the few sites that I went to was not only boring but the audio was AWFUL!!! Some of podcasts could not be heard because the people were holding the mic's in their pockets (at least that's what it sounded like). Some were so old (most from last year) I don't think the feed worked anymore because I couldn't seem to get them loaded to listen.

I do however believe that there are people who find podcasting of interest and enjoy listening to long drawn out dialog. I did listen to a bit of a KCET Podcast called Aloud at the Central LIbrary episode #5 dated July 21,2006 (again it was old but interesting) called; "The Battle Over Books- Taking On Google Books Library Project".

I also found a fun Blog called Nosheteria written by Adrienne Handler who broadcasts her Blog as well. Her Podcast was the clearest of the Podcasts from all three sites (Podcast.net, Podcastalley and Yahoo Podcasts beta site). Now this lady is funny, articulate and knows how to use her microphone! If you're interested in listening to a couple of articles I personally enjoyed, check out "link up to my world" on the right side of my blog page and click on one of the Nosheteria links.

If this is going to be a successful tool for the internet, I would suggest people who want to use it take the time to listen to what they are creating before putting it up on the web and to listen to the few audio blogs out there that have GOOD quality sound.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you and could not have said it better. Thanks for the links to Nosheteria and your continued assistance.You rock, girlfriend!