Thursday, April 26, 2007

Google Lab inspection

Google Reader lets you keep track of all your favorite sites. Isn't that like the "Favorites Star" on my MSN window?


Google Music Trends keeps all the google fans up to date on what everyone is listening too...I don't know anyone in my circle listening to AKON and if Nelly Furtado is the second biggest hit being listend to on Google I'm either really out of the loop or WAAAAY ahead of my time. I'm more the My Chemical Romance, The Cure, Smashing Pumpkins, Floyd, Rush, Zepplin kinda gal...eclectic rock?

I did find Google Transit of interest. If you enter the address you're leaving from and the address of your destination a schedule pops up! It tells you where the closest bus is and which buses, if any, you will need to transfer to as well as an estimated trip time. For instance; if I wanted to ride the bus to work, I would only have three choices. The earliest being 10:33 in the morning. I would first need to walk approximatetly20 minutes to my closest neighborhood bus stop (They suggested it, not me). Once on the bus, I would transfer one time and it would take me approximately 45 minutes to get to the bus stop on Sunset and Maple where I would get off the bus and proceed to walk another 12 to 15 minutes in order to get to work...great in the summer time if I wanted to get up at the crack of dawn and get home after dark when the racoons are foraging. It takes me 40 minutes to drive to work, with out the hassle of changing my full time hours to part time...

Google Page Creator is a "no brainer" web page design for folks like me who just want everything done for them...lol...seriously, a quick start up buisness might want to look at this as an inexpensive way to advertise and get the word out that they are up and running. Besides, you don't have to worry about losing those long arduous thoughts (like me who loses things in just a click) because Page Creator saves it automatically for you!!!

Google it seems to me is riding the tail coat of MSN windows in many ways with the excel, document sharing, word processing, etc. But I also think it has some really ingenious ideas and some will come in handy in the future. People who have really stripped down computers that don't have MSN already installed might find Google useful...as for me; well, I'm sort of old school in that department, MSN all the way...for now.

No comments: